1. Count the number of rooms you have.
2. Count the number of years you have been in your home-the longer you have lived there, the more you will have accumulated.
3. Count the number of people that live in the house-do not forget the fur-babies too!
4. Take into consideration the square footage of the house and other storage areas.
5. Also take into consideration your lifestyle; are you a collector or are you more of a minimalist?
6. Clean up your space BEFORE you take into consideration how much you are packing. The result will be less things to haul away.
7. Consider how many large boxes you would need for very light items such as bedding and pillows. And order smaller boxes if you have heavier items, such as dishes, or garage items. More than likely, you will need a larger number of smaller boxes compared to larger boxes.
Every home is different, and every move is unique. There may not be an exact formula but a good baseline to start is: A 3-bedroom home will need anywhere from 70 to 150 boxes. This depends on your packing style and how full the rooms are in your house.
Thank you for another informative blog. Where else could I get that kind of information written in such an ideal way? I’ve a project that I am just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.